SGG™ Oar Seconds
$112.00 – $133.25
*Price per oar shaft
Seconds of our most popular SGG™ Oars. Structurally sound oars with cosmetic blemishes. Half the price of our regular oars. Warranties do not apply. Returns will not be accepted.
SGG™ OAR SECONDS
Cataract® Oars have a flex like wood oars at a fraction of the weight. The results are the best drift boat oars and the best rafting oars hands down. Don’t let the lighter composite material steer you wrong, these are serious whitewater oars with unrivaled power transfer and near indestructible construction. Our SGG™ model is our most popular oar. They boast twice the breaking strength of aluminum with significantly less maintenance than wood oars. Our engineers designed the SGG™ to deliver the best in whitewater rafting performance and give the best oar experience to the unrelenting river goer. This oar shaft is compatible with the Cataract™, Magnum™, Cutthroat™ and Streamlite™ blades. *The oars sold on this page are SECONDS, meaning that they have cosmetic blemishes and could not be sold at full price. These oars are structurally sound but will not be visually perfect. *
OVERALL, OAR LENGTHS INCLUDE THE 27″ LONG BLADE (SOLD SEPARATELY). FOR A LIST OF ACTUAL SHAFT LENGTHS, SEE THE “SPECS” SECTION.
- The SGG™ is a filament wound oar shaft made of strong fiberglass/carbon fiber.
- An innovative thumb notch on the end of the rubber-cushioned handles gives you superior orientation of your blade while keeping your eyes on what lies ahead.
- With 2x the breaking strength of aluminum at 60% of the weight, SGG™ oars are ready to take on any challenge.
- The shafts flex and rebound like wood oars without the need of constant refinishing.
- Optional counterbalance handles add 4lbs at the top of the shaft reducing swing weight for less fatigue. See handles for more details and choices.
- The SGG™ has a tough, urethane finish protecting the shaft from scratches, dings, and UV rays, increasing the life of the oar.
- SGG™ oar shafts are compatible with Cataract™, Cutthroat™, Magnum II™, and Streamlite™ blades. These blades float.
- Rope wrapped oars are also available to protect your shaft from wear, give you a quieter rowing experience, and achieve better control in the oar locks.
CREATING THE BEST DRIFT BOAT AND RAFTING OAR SETUP FOR YOU
The SGG™ oar features an indexed grip that provides greater blade orientation while on the river, and a counterbalance option to aid against rower fatigue. For quieter and smoother rowing, you can add a rope wrap to each shaft. Wrapping your oars provide added protection and a better fit in the oar locks, which prevents extra movement and banging in the oar locks. In addition, with several different colors and lengths to choose from the SGGs are certainly the best drift boat oars or rafting oars to fit your needs and style.
Cataract® Oars makes the SGG™ in six standard lengths (the following lengths represent the complete oar with handle and blade): 8′, 8.5′, 9′, 9.5′, 10′ and 11′.
|Dimensions||95 × 2.5 × 2.5 in|
8', 9', 9.5', 10'
Black, Blue, Yellow, Green, White
No Rope Wrap, Rope Wrap, Rope Wrap with Counterbalance
Shaft Material: Fiberglass, Carbon Fiber composite
Shaft Diameter: 1-7/8″without rope wrap. 2-1/4″ with rope wrap
Warranty: NO WARRANTY ON THESE PRODUCTS
Returns: NO RETURNS
|Shaft||Overall Length – including blade (sold separate)|
Returns and ExchangesThere are a few important aspects to keep in mind when returning a product you purchased. You can return unwanted items by post within 7 working days of receipt of your goods and if the product is unused and still packaged.
- You have 14 calendar days to return an item from the date you received it.
- Only items that have been purchased directly from Cataract™ Oars.
- Please ensure that all item(s) you are returning is repackaged with all parts/stickers/etc..
Ship your item back to Cataract™ OarsFirst, contact us for any special details or requests: Address 2575 S 3270 W, Salt Lake City, UT 84119, USA Please remember to ensure that all item(s) you are returning is repackaged with all parts/stickers/etc.. For more information, view our full Shipping Policy information found on our website.
THIS PRODUCT IS OUT OF STOCK
Out of stock products may take 16-20 weeks to be back in stock.