SGG Breakdown Oar
$313.95 – $317.95
Products are made to order and may take 2-4 weeks to ship.
If you’re a fan of our classic SGG oar but are looking for an option that will travel easier, the SGG Breakdown Oar is perfect for you!
*Price per oar shaft
Stop NOT included. Total length includes blade (sold separately).
DID YOU KNOW THE SGG™ OAR WAS AVAILABLE IN A BREAKDOWN TWO-PIECE SPARE?
It’s always a good idea to keep a spare oar handy, but an extra oar can take up a lot of space. The two-piece version of our SGG™ shaft breaks down for easy storage on your drift boat or raft. On the water, snap the two halves together and you’ve got a full-length oar ready to row.
THE BEST DRIFT BOAT AND RAFTING OARS, PERIOD
Cataract® Oars have a flex like wood oars at a fraction of the weight. The results are the best drift boat oars and the best rafting oars hands down. Don’t let the lighter composite material steer you wrong, these are serious whitewater oars with unrivaled power transfer and near indestructible construction. Our SGG™ model is our most popular oar. They boast twice the breaking strength of aluminum with significantly less maintenance than wood oars. Our engineers designed the SGG™ to deliver the best in whitewater rafting performance and give the best oar experience to the unrelenting river goer. This oar shaft is compatible with the Cataract™, Magnum™, Cutthroat™ and Streamlite™ blades.
OVERALL OAR LENGTHS INCLUDE THE 27″ BLADE (SOLD SEPARATELY). BREAKDOWNS ARE CURRENTLY SOLD AT 9′ or 10′ LONG. CUSTOM OAR LENGTHS ARE AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST.
- The SGG™ is a filament wound oar shaft made of strong fiberglass/carbon fiber.
- An innovative thumb notch on the end of the rubber-cushioned handles gives you superior orientation of your blade while keeping your eyes on what lies ahead.
- With 2x the breaking strength of aluminum at 60% of the weight, SGG™ oars are ready to take on any challenge.
- The shafts flex and rebound like wood oars without the need of constant refinishing.
- Optional counterbalance handles add 4lbs at the top of the shaft reducing swing weight for less fatigue. See handles for more details and choices.
- The SGG™ has a tough, urethane finish protecting the shaft from scratches, dings, and UV rays, increasing the life of the oar.
- SGG™ oar shafts are compatible with Cataract™, Cutthroat™, Magnum II™, and Streamlite™ blades. These blades float.
- Optionally, add a rope wrap to protect your shaft from wear, give you a quieter rowing experience, and achieve better control in the oar locks.
CREATING THE BEST DRIFT BOAT AND RAFTING OAR SETUP FOR YOU
The SGG™ oar features an indexed grip that provides greater blade orientation while on the river, and a counter balance option to aid against rower fatigue. In addition, with several different colors and lengths to choose from the SGGs are certainly the best drift boat oars or rafting oars to fit your needs and style.
Cataract® Oars makes the SGG™ breakdown in one standard length. Custom oar lengths are available upon request. Contact us.
|Dimensions||95 × 2.5 × 2.5 in|
No Rope Wrap, Rope Wrap
Shaft Material: Fiberglass, Carbon Fiber composite
Shaft Diameter: 1-7/8″without rope wrap. 2-1/4″ with rope wrap
Warranty: 1 Year
*Available with Rope Wrap
|Shaft||Overall Length – including blade (sold separate)|
*Custom lengths available upon request. Contact us.
Returns and ExchangesThere are a few important aspects to keep in mind when returning a product you purchased. You can return unwanted items by post within 7 working days of receipt of your goods and if the product is unused and still packaged.
- You have 14 calendar days to return an item from the date you received it.
- Only items that have been purchased directly from Cataract™ Oars.
- Please ensure that all item(s) you are returning is repackaged with all parts/stickers/etc..