We welcome qualified professionals in the paddlesports and outdoor industry to apply for the Cataract Oars Pro Program. You must meet the eligibility requirements in one of the professional categories listed below. Cataract Oars reserves the right to accept or reject an applicant at our discretion. Please provide as much relevant supporting documentation as possible to support your case for eligibility.
Outdoor Industry Professional Paddling, River Rafting, SUP or Kayaking Guide Fishing Guide Outdoor/Wilderness Educator
- Paddlesports guide working full time during the operational season. Applications will not be accepted after the operational season.
- ACA certified Instructor Trainers and Instructor Educators.
- Full-time (30+ hours a week) employment with an outdoor industry shop or rental facility.
- Independent sales reps within the outdoor industry.
- Member of OIA, SIA, present at tradeshows.
- An outdoor educator based within the United States.
- Full-time employment with a camp, experiential program, or university-affiliated outdoor program.
- Employee/guide for NOLS, OB or other nationally certified adventure program.
Supporting Documents – Must have 2 forms of documentation
- Letter of endorsement from your company or organization that you work for, stating full-time employment during the operational season.
- A recent paystub indicating full-time employment (please black out any personal information such as SSN, DOB, salary, etc).
- Copy of guide license.
- ACA Certified Instructor Trainers or Instructor Educator Card.
- Copy of a brochure, website link, or other supplemental advertising material detailing your guide service.
- Copies of relevant certifications that will support your case for eligibility.